Mod operator?

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Fri Aug 17 22:08:12 UTC 2007

"Ramon Leon" <ramon.leon at allresnet.com> writes:
> I'm curious what features others have run across that surprised them, or are
> really cool that I haven't yet discovered?  Anyone?

It's pretty cool, isn't it?  Squeak packs an enormous amount of
code-editing power into its tools.  The reason it can do so -- and
without even that much code! -- is that the tools are running in the
same system that the edited program is running in.

If you are new to Squeak, and expecting to do a lot with it, it is
really worth it some time to systematically open every tool and look
at every menu in every pane.  There are a lot of things you can do,
that you might not have thought of if you are used to other
environments.

In fairness, Eclipse is doing pretty well for Java programmers, from
what I understand.  On the flip side, Eclipse uses over two million
lines of code to achieve it, as compared to Squeak's three-hundred
thousand...

  http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_3_0_stats.html

-Lex