Package Universes and Squeakmap

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 23:06:30 UTC 2007

> Anyway, if upstream authors use MCM's, then either PU needs to support
> MCM's or one of the universe maintainers needs to post the individual
> packages.  I would lean towards the latter as the first thing to try,
> but maybe the former is useful as well.  It is worth looking into.
>

> -Lex
In the development universe the package Magma Tester beta, r40Beta.3 is
posted as a Monticello Configuration Map (.mcm)

If you load this into a 3.10 image, it will load
MonticelloConfigurations, loading this depends upon a file in which will
patch Monticello1 (trivially), and it will patch Universes (almost
trivially) in order that mcm's will work.

So, in order to post your mcm package all you need to do is to add
MonticelloConfigurations as a dependency.

cheers

Keith