DeltaStreams small update

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Aug 21 08:38:03 UTC 2007

Hi!

> Hi,
> <goran at krampe.se> wrote in message
> news:20070821010142.44AC5EF5E0 at mail.krampe.se...
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Ok, managed to get some more code written tonight - but I am still on a
>> low level here - matching up with ChangeSet etc. But if anyone wants to
>> join in:
>>
>> See details here: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6001
>>
>> The first goal is to make DSDelta work as a "true log" capturing all
>> changes in full detail.
>>
>> One question for you gurus out there - do we care about changing the
>> ORDER of say instvars?
>
> yes,the order can be important.
> A concrete example...
[SNIP]

Ok, someone said something similar - perhaps it was you (on IRC) :)
Sigh, well, then I will just have to add one more Change class then that
captures any change in relative order between the ivars that are not added
nor removed.

So "a b c" -> "a c" would only generate a removeIvar Change and not a
orderIvar Change since c still follows after a.

And "a b c d" -> "c a e b f" would generate 3 changes:

1 addIvarsChange adding e and f.
1 orderIvarsChange reordering "a b c" to "c a b" (relatively)
1 removeIvarsChange removing d.

Sounds fair?

regards, Göran

regards, Göran