Whats the best way to stop numerous mnu-Messages?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 20:23:15 UTC 2007

Whats the best way to stop numerous mnu-Messages?

Hi Enno.

I’ve run into this problem in a hard way while coding.

I stumbled onto the fact that if you hit the debug key
in one of the windows that gets rid of most of the lot
and gives you a chance to delete the remaining debug
boxes.

I haven’t confirmed this always works but this I
suspect it will.

Also the more permanent way to deal with this is to
start or add to a mantis report on the issue.

Hth,

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

***

>Enno Schwass onkelenno at mac.com
>Tue Aug 21 19:39:29 UTC 2007
>
>Hello
>
>Every time I show squeak to someone else I just play
around a bit.
>So other people can see how powerful squeak is.
>
>After a few minutes I always do something wrong.
Sometimes I
>only get a single mnu. This is not problematic. But
then I get
>numerous mnu and it doesnt look very professional if
I have to
>click million times to get rid of it.
>
>Just an example. Someone asked me for a squeak entry
field.
>I remembered that method finder has one.
>
>So I open method finder click on the debug halo of
the input field
>and show him
>the morph with the class browser. No problem at all.
>
>Then I want to demonstrate PluggableTextMorph
>
>PluggableTextMorph new openInWorld.
>
>Fine. Works.
>
>Then the mouse enters the newly created morph and a
dozen mnu appear.

>What are YOU doing then?
>
>bye
>Enno