XDR for Squeak

Elod Kironsky kironsky at grisoft.cz
Thu Aug 23 22:49:12 UTC 2007

Hi!

I wonder if there is any package in Squeak that would en/de-code
standard C types to a byte-array, as the RFC 1014 - XDR: eXtrenal Data
Representation standard does. I'm currently working on a client program
to Player/Stage and it would save me a lot of work, as the communication
is done via TCP packages. I know ByteArray can do byte, short, long and
even double, but is it XDR compatible? Also, is there an equivalent of
the C function gettimeofday(), that would return me a double, or
something, that I can put into a ByteArray with doubleAt:put:bigEndian:?

Cheers,

Elod