DeltaStreams small update

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Fri Aug 24 01:51:21 UTC 2007

Craig Latta wrote:

> > Of course the other direction (XML to your 2c's) is a bit more
> > complicated but doesn't look undoable.
>
>      That's what I'm afraid of, that we'll introduce XML into the mix
> and won't be able to un-do it. :)

Let's put it this way - if we use Smalltalk instead of XML, then we can
program stuff and extend it easily. If we use XML, then we end up with
something like Ant.. when we could have just used Smalltalk. Using
Smalltalk fulfills two requirements - a file out format that describes
declarative code structures - and a disk format for writing smalltalk
programs that doesn't involve weird !'s or xml tags/namespaces.

Just another 2c.. almost up to 5c now.

Michael