[ANN] GLMorphic meets the public

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Aug 24 05:02:38 UTC 2007

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> possible reasons:
> - bad depth of rendered forms (currently i convert all to 32bpp)

How do I find out and how would I fix it?

> - your OpenGL library is too old and don't support textures with non
> power of 2 dimensions.

You mean ARB_texture_rectangle? Indeed, it doesn't support that. Which
has nothing to do with "oldness" btw, the box isn't even a year old.
It's just a very cheap 3D chip. I'd really recommend to gracefully fall
back to pow2 textures if rectangular textures aren't supported.

> OpenGL 2.0  supports non power of two textures by default.
> Earlier versions must have extension which support nonp2 textures.

Are you planning to require 2.0? That'll cut your potential audience
rather quickly ...

Cheers,
   - Andreas