Parsing HTML Recommendation

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Sat Aug 25 00:35:18 UTC 2007

Matthias Berth wrote:
> There is a way to provide predefined answers to the popup dialogs, the
> Installer package does that, see the bottom of:
>   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/742
>
> Chasing around a bit in the image leads me to:
>
> BlockContext>>valueSuppressingMessages: aListOfStrings
> supplyingAnswers: aListOfPairs
>
> BlockContext>>valueSupplyingAnswers: aListOfPairs
> 	"evaluate the block using a list of questions / answers that might be
> called upon to
> 	automatically respond to Object>>confirm: or FillInTheBlank requests"
>
> So I guess you have a block with whatever you want to do and some
> predefined answers:
>
> [ myUrl extractInfo
>   "This may trigger some popups"
> ] valueSuppressingMessages: {'css error*'. 'doctype error'}
> supplyingAnswers: {{'input doctype'. 'XHTML 4.1'}}
>
> The first list contains string patterns for messages that will be
> answered with OK, the second is a list of pairs of the form (pattern,
> answer) where pattern is a string and answer is any object.
>
> I hope this helps
>

> Matthias

Hello Matthias,

Wow! Thanks for the information. Squeak is full of treasures like this.
Part of the trick of mastering Squeak is learning how to discover all of
these treasures. :)

This will definitely be of tremendous help. I really, really, really
want to use Squeak for as much as I can. But a popup was going to be a
big stumbling block. I was kind of looking in the classes to see if
there was another way to use them that I was missing. Something that
doitAllAndAnswerYes or something. :)

This is great. I can write my own doitAll method. And for so many other
times that this pops up.

This helps tremendously. Now I can dig into Todd's Html+Css validator
and master it and if I want some convenience methods to make things web
scraping easier. I can write them. :)

This is a great help. Thank you very, very much.

Have a great one.

Jimmie

[snip original message]