Linux desktop manager Close Window is dangerous.

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 15:32:21 UTC 2007

On Wed August 29 2007, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> This patch disables the title bar quit button (iff your window
> manager participates in the WM_DELETE_WINDOW protocol) and causes an
> event of type 6 to be sent to the image (in response to which it
> should pop open the 'save changes before quit' dialogue -- an SEP).
>
> If (1) several people report that this adequately addresses the issue
> and (2) nobody else has claimed event type 6, then I'll commit the
> changes and move the event type definition into sq.h next to the others.

Wow... thanks Ian. And thanks for being consistent with the "quit"
confirmation within squeak (note my mantis entry for windows:
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6643)

Unfortunately, I'll have to set SVN back up on this machine and build
(recently wiped and now using gentoo) to check it out. I have no ETA. But,
I'll do it as soon as I can. If others can check it out, please do.

thanks, again. Much obliged!

brad