Morphic 3.0: The future of the Gui

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Aug 30 12:41:39 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

This started as a practical artifact. I'm building an audio editor in a
time-frequency domain based on the ideas from my thesis (all the stuff
is at my page). And I could not start programming in Morphic without
cleaning it first. This was the beginning of all my Morphic cleaning
efforts, about 3 years ago. As I worked in Morphic I started to feel the
urge to fix the problems I saw. I spent so much time thinking on them
that I started to find better solutions to them, like general non-linear
coordinate systems and modeling images as continuous functions that
honor the conditions of the Sampling Theorem, to get proper anti
aliasing simply via sampling. So, now, it's grown into both a research
project and a practical artifact.

WRT the rendered, I still haven't started writing it. My last published
image uses Balloon for rendering. (BTW, thanks for Balloon!) But, as you
know, Balloon can not handle non linear coordinate transformation and
images modeled as continuous functions. I don't know of any rendering
engine that would suit my needs. So, I need to write a new one. Of
course, if you or somebody else tells me about such renderer I'd be
really happy to use it.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich
www.jvuletich.org