Job Opening / Permanent Position / Germany / Seaside / J2EE

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Dec 1 09:21:11 UTC 2007

We are looking for a full-time developer to join our unconventional and
small team of web-exclusive application developers. Our offices are
located in the Dusseldorf area of Germany. Telecommuting from long
distance is not an option, the ability to travel between our office
locations is a must.

The successfull candidate will have 2-4 years of experience with Seaside
application development, Tomcat, Hibernate / other ORM, SQL and JSP, and
deployment on Linux and Windows server platforms. Good command of the
German language is a must, fluent English a plus.

We are a network of companies who develop/license outstanding standard
software for our long term cliens in the Finance Instrustry (regional
banks and nationwide insurancers) and the Power Supply Industry (regional
and nationwide utilities) throughout Germany, for their Change Management
and Information Management.

Our standard software is constantly being developed and maintained for
meeting the ongoing demands of our existing and new clients, our fast
turnaround time and the ability to accurately model user requirements and
to employ open standards as well as industry standards are critical
success factors.

We expect our new team member to lead develop our new ticketing system and
our new collaborative software documentation system (multimedia), both
based on Seaside technology, but also to be a competent and reliable human
factor in the development of our standard software.

The position is permanent and to be filled immediately. Candidates are
invited to contact, via email, together with salary and availability
information and phone number (and time you're reachable):

   'klaus witzel (at) cobss com' replace whitespace with dots

After the initial telephone screening we expect the candidate to send us
the full application (C.V. and photo, profile and references).