[ANN] Smalltalk flyers updated - German and Spanish translations required

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 15:22:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

Smalltalk flyers are located to http://damien.cassou.free.fr/. I plan
to create Squeak and Seaside flyers too.

I've added a paragraph about blocks on the flyer. The flyer is
translated to English, French, German and Spanish. I need a german and
a spanish for the translation of the following paragraph. Also, in the
Spanish version, there is no more free room for the squeak browser
picture. So, someone has to rephrase the spanish version.

If you have comments, feel free to answer this message.

\newcommand{\stBlockTerm}{Block}
\newcommand{\stBlockDefinition}{

  Block are used to delimit a sequence of parametrized instructions
  for which evaluation is deferred. They can also be seen as anonymous
  functions with or without arguments.

  \begin{displaycode}
    \#('Hello ' 'World')

    \hspace{1cm}  do: [:string | Transcript show: string].
  \end{displaycode}

  The example sends the message \code{do:} to an array of strings with
  a block as a parameter. The block is evaluated once for each element
  in the array. The block parameter \code{string} contains each
  element of the array, one after the other. As a result of the whole
  expression, the strings \code{'Hello '} then \code{'World'} are
  displayed in the transcript.

}

Thank you

--