[ANN] Smalltalk flyers updated - German and Spanish translations required

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Dec 4 14:48:14 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 15:03 , Herbert König wrote:

> Hello Damien,
>
> DC> Thank you Edgar. Flyers are updated: http://
> damien.cassou.free.fr/.
>
> in the German version, the section about blocks has some
> inconsistencies:
>
> In the code the block has the parameter "string" but the text
> refers to
> the parameter "wort".

Then Damian forgot to replace the code snippet I sent.

> And in English I'd say a block has arguments not
> parameters and I feel the same in German. But I mainly read english
> texts about programming.

Please learn about the difference between arguments and parameters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_%28computer_science%29

> Later on suddenly the word "Feld" is used instead of Array which is
> used elsewhere.
>
> I'd prefer "Array" over "Feld"

Why? It's a German flyer after all. It's not specifically referring
to the class as in the previous example.

> In general the german translation reads in parts, as if the German
> translator felt this was a flyer about Squeak instead of Smalltalk.

Where is Squeak referenced in the German version and not the English
one?

> This is much less so in the English version. Only I'd think the
> Internet section could use one or two non Squeak sites and the
> Examples of applications.
>

> Cheers
>
> Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net

- Bert -