plugin-C

kemal asad-syed kasadsyed at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:06:27 UTC 2007

I am trying to use a few C library dll and C++ dll  from squeak I have the
source of the dlls and i am willing to edit the C and C++ code.
I still don't fully understand the difference between FFI , external
plugins.and build in plugins. from what i understood so far i can't use the
dll with OSProcess right ?
 yetI could not find sample code "hello word" kind for these option.
 I am trying to get a handle on sqWin32FFI.c .  for now .
I tried compiling the VC 6 project  \platforms\win32\misc\squeqk.dsp I found
in the source SqueakVM-Win32-3.10.6-src.zip.  with visual studio C++ Express
Edition.
i got bunch of
 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': is anyone able to
compile squeak with vusual studio.

but the source compiles with the gnutools .

Thanks,
Kemal