Mac Squeak Crash - 6750stringAndCharFixes

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Dec 11 19:43:27 UTC 2007

Hello Tim,

TJ> I am on an Intel Mac running OS 10.4.10 with Mac VM 3.8.18beta1U.  If I
TJ> download the stock 3.8-6667 and go through with the updates, I can get to
TJ> 3.8.2 until it hits the update called
TJ> "6750stringAndCharFixes-mir..." at
TJ> which point the whole thing locks up.  If I let it sit, eventually it
TJ> crashes with an out of memory error similar to the following:

a few days ago I described the same under windows here and I guess
Michael (mir) is aware of the fact but just very busy.

My private use is to just go until Squeak 3.8.2.a, latest update: #6748

I use this for some time in production  but I had no problems with
3.8.1 too. I also tested up to #6749 but want to keep #6748 in case
Michae wants me to test from this stat on.

#6749 and #6750 are very recent so if you updated your PPC machine
more than a week ago, today you should find the same problems.

But a check wouldn't hurt :-)

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net