Image setup question

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Dec 13 12:51:58 UTC 2007

Hello Amos,

A> Anyway, I've read a few helpfiles/wikis/tutorials/blogs/etc., saw
A> several images available for download with several different browsers
A> and tools loaded, and read about a few more that I haven't been able
A> to find/load (OmniBrowser, Cees' RefractoringBrowser, Ramon's
A> SentorsaBrowser). So I was wondering what you guys would recommend as

For looking into Seaside I'd suggest Damien's Web image, for
development his dev images, see http://damien.cassou.free.fr/

Cees RB is a RB which only dispays the categories you select. It's my
preferred one but I guess omnibrowser can do that too. You'll find the
latter in the dev images. Drop me an email if you can't find it. I
think it hasn't been updated for some time.

A> a base image and if you could point me to the right place for finding
A> out how best to go about loading tools. (I've downloaded a few
A> packages with the universe package browser, which was fairly
A> intuitive, but couldn't find several things I was after - should I use
A> that MonticelloBrowser instead? What's the difference?)

SqueakMap is a place to browse, can't tell what's the current state
but downloading things via the Web and installing it via the FileList
is an option.

A> Playing around with a few things, I missed the option to "dive into"
A> an element from an Inspector and then "pop" back out to the previously
A> inspected object(s), so I modified the Inspector class to add those

Try the explorer instead of the inspector. Be careful, it doesn't auto
update while the inspector does.

A> options. Is something like that useful enough to submit the code
A> somewhere for others to load? Or am I re-inventing the wheel and
A> someone's already done that?

You can decide after trying the explorer (anyOldObject explore).

I myself am on 3.8 so take everything I said with a grain of salt.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net