Who is creating short-lived Symbol? [was Re: Image setup question]

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Fri Dec 14 20:41:48 UTC 2007

A propos, auto-updating inspector are not always working that well...
Try to inspect a WeakSet like:

	(Symbol classPool at: #SymbolTable) inspect.

Scroll a little, the inspector flashes once or more and you end up with
a debugger saying 'Error: subscript is out of bounds: 687'.
Well that is for sure a bug.

I'am pretty sure some Symbol are created on the fly then reclaimed, and
cause this error. But that makes me wonder why?
Is it really a good idea to create short lived Symbols?
Or is it another bug?
There are too many senders of asSymbol for me to understand...
Anyone has a clue?

Nicolas