I want to sign license agreement

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Dec 14 21:59:43 UTC 2007

> Isn't signing a license agreement for new contributions overkill? Most
> other open source projects require nothing like that - just an
> electronic text clearly stating the license that the author is using is
> often enough.

  Yes, there was a discussion among the board members on this issue.
I agree with that we have to get the signature from new contributors,
if we put a notice on squeak.org basically saying "don't contribute
code if you don't license it under MIT."

  At this point, we are hearing suggestions from a lawyer at
Conservation, and Craig has been talking with them.  (Thank you
Craig!)

-- Yoshiki