Squeak 3.10 - Syntax Error window

Squeaker squeakman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:43:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am using Squeak 3.10 on a Windoze box.

I have placed a break point in the code. When the break point is hit, I
get a "Syntax Error" window popping up.

When I attempt to step over the break point I get a new "Syntax Error"
window with each attempt to step thru the code.

The "Syntax Error" window contains the following text:

---- start of text ----
digitLength - 8Nothing more expected ->) max: 0).
	nScaled _ (numerator bitShift: nScaleBits negated) asFloat.

	"Scale the denominator the same way."
	dScaleBits _ 8 * ((denominator digitLength - 8) max: 0).
	dScaled _ (denominator bitShift: dScaleBits negated) asFloat.

	"Divide the scaled numerator and denominator to make the
right mantissa, then scale to correct the exponent."
	^ (nScaled / dScaled) timesTwoPower: (nScaleBits - dScaleBits).

---- end of text ----

What is this "Syntax Error" window trying to tell me?  How does one use it?

Thanks,
Frank