Robot VM options

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 18 01:19:18 UTC 2007

On 17-Dec-07, at 5:05 PM, Jon Hylands wrote:

> I'm going to be getting a Hammer (http://www.tincantools.com) in the
> next
> week or two, and I definitely will be getting Squeak running on it.
>
> Hey Tim - what do you think? A 200 MHz ARM9 in a footprint the size
> of a
> DIP-40 chip...
Not bad for size. A bit different to the old days when the ARM system
required a set of 4 chips to get going, aside from the ram/rom/
support. Performance should be reasonable at around 15M bc/sec and
around a million sends/sec. Just don't expect to run Morphic nicely :-)

Shouldn't you be using an ARM11X6JF-S by now? 600MHz, vector floating
point h/w, bigger caches and TCM etc.

tim
A fool and his money are soon partying