3.9 vs. 3.10 : Closures, fixTemps

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 17:12:15 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> there is really no reason whatsoever why a working closure solution
>> couldn't be adopted to the current compiler (which would mitigate the
>> risk factors of adoption dramatically).
>
> They why was the closure solution of the new compiler rejected?

"The closure solution rejected"? Not that I know of. I haven't even seen
a thorough discussion about its merits (which should include benchmarks
etc) - what I did see was some talk that led me to believe that there is
still a ways to go here. To the best of my knowledge this solution isn't
"final" by any means.

Or do you mean the compiler itself? In which case all I can say it's
hard to recommend a compiler which can't even recompile Object ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas