My experiences in downloading Squeak

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Wed Dec 19 19:13:34 UTC 2007

Squeaker schrieb:
> Damien Cassou wrote:
>> I can't reproduce that on my Linux computer.
>>
>> 2007/12/16, Squeaker <squeakman at gmail.com>:
>>

> After a lot of messing around I think I have stumbled on what is
> causing the problem.  When I remove the sources file
> "SqueakV39.sources" things work as expected - I get a debugger and
> things seem normal.
>
> To summarize, if I remove SqueakV39.sources then things work perfectly.
> If I add SqueakV39.sources then it fails.
> I can reproduce this behaviour at will.
Is it possible that you did not download SqueakV39.sources as a binary file?
If it is stored as a text file on a windows computer, your FTP program
will mess up the line end characters (Windows insists on using CRLF in
files).

To check, see whether your file has a size of exactly 17584742 bytes. If
it does not, it is broken.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin