Implementing closures

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Dec 20 17:30:33 UTC 2007

On 20-Dec-07, at 12:13 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Note that Scheme interpreters have done this earlier than 1987
> probably; Eliot was the first to bring the full power of lambdas to
> Smalltalk.

Well yes, we *are* talking about Smalltalk here, after all.

I think BHH kept the bytecodes all in the CM but used a Closure object
in place of using the copyBlock bytecode and then a blockcontext was
created each time the closure was evaluated. But it is a very long
time since I last did any active development of that VM, most likely
1991. Too long to remember details!

tim
Strange OpCodes: EIV: Erase IPL Volume