Suspending/resuming processes

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:05:05 UTC 2007

On 20/12/2007, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Your interpretation of "suspended" is different from what Squeak means
> by it. "Suspended" means: This process cannot be made runnable by either
> a process switch or a semaphore signal.

Hmm, how it differs from 'cannot be made runnable until it will be
resumed by sending #resume message'?

In the current implementation a #resume is not a counterpart of
#suspend and we all have to pay consequences.
The #resume should be no-op if process was not suspended by previous
call of #suspend.
But currently, by sending #resume to process which waiting for signal
causing it to continue running as if signal raised.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.