OLPC Etoys

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun Dec 23 00:18:28 UTC 2007

  Nevin,

> Anybody know of a "proper" way to open a class browser inside of Etoys
> on an OLPC laptop?  Must be something obvious that I'm missing.

  Heh, heh.  OLPC makes a big deal of "View Source" feature, which of
course Etoys developers think a good idea.  Alt-, (comma, in many
keyboard layout it is next to period and look like period on steroid)
is a meta keystroke to dive into deeper level; in current
implementation, you get a simplified World menu.

  Also take a look at:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Smalltalk_Development_on_XO

> One of my tricks is to play around with a project in an attempt to
> generate a DNU-- if you *try* to generate a DNU you can usually do it
> pretty rapidly.

> But that is sure a sucky way to do it.

  Well, Alt-. is one, too.

-- Yoshiki