Finding out how many displays attached to computer (Sophie? Ffenestri?)

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Fri Feb 2 19:56:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

I want to use OSProcess to launch a VNC server.  If multiple monitors
are attached to the computer, I want the VNC server to display the
monitor that Squeak is not on (I'll need to generate the appropriate
command-line argument from within Squeak).  Has anyone (Sophie?
Ffenestri?) done any work to make Squeak aware of how many displays
are available, and which one Squeak is running on?

The desired platforms are (in order of decreasing importance)
Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Thanks,
Josh