Making Squeak more accessible and used - reversing the trend

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Mon Feb 5 23:01:59 UTC 2007

Yep, if you want to move beyond the status quo and provide tools that
seem odd at first blush to users, it's going to be a tad tougher sell.
as always:

"It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry
out, nor more doubtful of success, nor dangerous to handle, than to
initiate a new order of things. For the reformer has enemies in all
those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all
those who would profit by the new order, this lukewarmness arising
partly from fear of their adversaries, who have the laws in their favor;
and partly from the incredulity of mankind, who do not truly believe in
anything new until they have had actual experiences of it. Thus, it
arises that on every opportunity for attacking the reformer, his
opponents do so with the zeal of partisans, the others only defend him
half-heartedly, so that between them he runs great danger."

1513 AD Machiavelli

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com