[From the soapbox:] Update stream are essential!!!

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 7 10:23:22 UTC 2007

Jerome Peace wrote:
> This is a life destroying decision for the squeak
> community.
>
> Look at how fast the OPLC team develops improvements
> and look at the level of feedback they get.
>
> Now compare that with the glacial pace of the squeak
> image.

(Just because I only noticed it and it's so fitting in this discussion)
Even if you do consider The Image to be the sine qua non of Squeak, you
might want to have a look at:

http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/recent-squeak-packages-releases-2/

which may give you a different view of the "glacial" pace at which the
community as a whole moves. There is a whole lot of stuff going on if
you are willing to look beyond the image in front of you.

Cheers,
   - Andreas