New Win32 VM (3.9.2)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 19:05:19 UTC 2007

Martin Beck wrote:
> After using this version for some time I recognized a decreasing in the
> speed of the event handling. The responses on my mouse clicks are very
> slow after some time, so browsing source isn't fun anymore. :( Also, my
> key events are sometimes mangled up, i.e. they don't arrive in the right
> order, if i type too fast. Also I can almost count the seconds till the
> key press events arrive on my screen. Using the vm from squeak.org
> solves this problem in the same image. However, 0 tinyBenchmarks prints
> slightly better results for your version.

I have couple of questions:
* What image are using?
* How long does it take until the effect is noticable?
* How fast is the machine you are running on? (only for comparison to
see what to expect on other machines)
* Are you using any "uncommon" plugins? (in particular those that might
have an effect on UI handling, say host windows, or wxSqueak)
* Does Alt-Period get rid of this problem?
* Does switching to 3.9.2 get rid of this problem?
* And finally: Anyone else seeing the same problem?

Thanks for your help,
   - Andreas