Update stream are essential!!! [no soapbox]

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 8 23:00:53 UTC 2007

El 2/8/07 6:12 PM, "Ron Teitelbaum" <Ron at USMedRec.com> escribió:

> We could have it ask if you want to load changes durring start up like
> updateStreams do now.  It could easily tell you what packages have been
> updated and even show you the comments of the update.  (In fact those
> changes are shown on the transcript now during updateFromRepositories.)  You
> could even have different config files to update different parts of the
> system.  You could pick from which config files you are interested in and
> have the system update the ini file with that info.  MorphicUpdate.mcm,
> Network.mcm, EToyLoadForKernalImage.mcm ...
>
> Just some thoughts.
>
> Yours,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum
Ron:

Here I copy the last part, but all post is very useful.

I only wish you and all know what at this time Ralph is very, very, very
busy and can't give us the last word.

As Jerome said in private , I was very lucky in have the best teacher what
we could found !

But in silent or via private the 3.10 team is working.

We listen all formers Squeakers working on releases and have good tips.

Also I go back some steps.

And we must do some mistakes too .

After all is very difficult build a Formula One Ferrari what looks as hand
made Rolls Royce  with parts of Ford / Chevy / Honda (here could put your
car )

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).