How to store live objects in Monticello?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 12 03:07:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to do something like this: I have a class LoadProjectTest that is
essentially a singleton and the LoadProjectTest  class is in category
eToys-Tests. I'd like to do something like this: In the image where this
class originates, I am creating the instance, and setting one instance
variable with some value from a local file. I'd like the instance to be
stored in Monticello, when I "save" the category. Then, when the MCZ is
loaded into another image, the instance would be there, filled with the value
as created in the originating image.

However, when I load the MCZ into another image, the instance is null;
although I was assuming otherwise, that makes sense as the Monticello
repository stores code not live objects.

Is it possible to, somehow, to make Monticello to keep the instance, so it is
deserialized from the MCZ when the MCZ is loaded into the target image?

Thanks Milan