Squeak scripts in UNIX

Matej Kosik kosik at fiit.stuba.sk
Tue Feb 13 21:00:50 UTC 2007

Lex Spoon wrote:
[snip]

> A nit with your explanation, by the way: it's #!, not # by itself.
> The # is a "hash", and the ! is a "bang", and thus #! is "hashbang"
> which, now that you mention it, does sound like "shebang" :) .

I was not sure (I did not have books as hand) I just vaguely recalled
that there is a word for this concept.
You are right. #! is shebang. The first time I saw it was in the Minix
3rd Edition book (page 458, in bold). Also wiktionary contains a proper
password
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shebang

This is partially why I like (also) English. It has words for many
subtleties.

[snip]
--
Matej Kosik