FFI - can I access external constants?

Jim McLoughlin jmcloughlin.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 21:14:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have gotten pretty comfortable using FFI to access external
libraries from squeak, but have hit a seemingly simple snag:

I want to access some constant structures defined in my external lib.
If there was a function that returned them, it would be no problem,
but I don't see any obvious way to directly access them.

Are my only options 1) enhance the external lib to make constants
accessible via functions; 2) abandon FFI for a plugin approach ?

The constants are defined in the library like:

extern const stuctType *constantName;

best,

Jim M