how things go wrong between packages

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 21:36:33 UTC 2007

Lex Spoon writes:
 >   SmallDEVS defines a global variable Timer, which conflicts with a
 >   class variable in Exupery.  I wish the loader would allow this
 >   situation, but in 3.9 it does not.

I'll fix that in Exupery. The next release should be out in a few
weeks. Looking at it, I really should have been using a temporary,
that variable is only used in one method.

I also agree that the loader should allow it. Personally, I don't
think we should prevent class variables from having the same name as
classes. A warning should be enough. The class variable has a local
scope.

Bryce