Easy Morphic GUI

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Thu Feb 15 17:18:19 UTC 2007

Le 14 févr. 07 à 14:53, Stéphane Rollandin a écrit :

> Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>> Yes. This is because blocs are not serialized in the current
>> version. And, I wanted to show some complex GUI with a list of
>> operations to perform which requires blocs... I didn't find a
>> satisfactory solution yet, though I didn't spend much time on it.
>>

> you can use LambdaMessageSends instead of blocks. they are
> semantically equivalent and can be serialized.
>
> see the LambdaMessageSend package on SqueakMap (there is an
> extensive documentation in the form of test cases)

Thanks Stéphane for the pointer. But, the problem is not because EMG
uses blocks. The problem is that I want to target any kind of
application, i.e. an application with arbitrary objects including
blocks. So, I don't want to restrict users.

Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org