Squeak Board 2007 Elections

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
Fri Feb 16 22:00:19 UTC 2007

Alan Lovejoy wrote:
> <Craig>
>       I like this one, regardless of how many seats there are on the board.
> E.g., for the current board, "all those who defeated 'nobody', with a
> maximum of seven".
> </Craig>
>
> So, if "nobody" wins, then nobody wins :-)
>
> --Alan

:-)

I wanted to say that this option is looking more likely than ever. On
the elections list we've started to call our virtual candidate "nota"
which is shorthand for "none of the above" (as he is called in Debian
elections).

I for one feel that nota has the benefit of giving voters some important
options to express themselves, and it gives all candidates better
feedback about where they stand, whether elected or not.

Thanks to to thank all the candidates so far - the option of your
contribution on the board is appreciated even if you are not eventually
elected. I'd like to join Ron in inviting further candidates. Also, if
you know of someone that is not on this mailing list but should run,
please feel free to let them know and invite them to present themselves.

Daniel Vainsencher