New WeeklySqueak Record

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Feb 17 03:43:04 UTC 2007

Ah, a stealth announcement of Sophie shipping.

Bunch of critical fixing going in tonight, hopefully better
experience for people tomorrow, unless the Sophie developers all die
from the lack of sleep first.

If any lurker out there is busy reading the web site http://
www.sophieproject.org he'll discover how to connect to the sophie
server, even how to upload a movie.

However:

Right now I'm sitting in my living room trying to figure out why MPEG
quicktime moves (only those) from the server,
cause Squeak/Sophie to lock up 17 seconds into the movie, my test
case is the Alien's Movie book on the server, so don't try that...

Linux

Our beta test group has very few linux users so based on the error
logs I saw today we still have a bit of work to solve things for that
platform, however
that requires a bit of help from the Squeak community since our
resources are a bit limited, if any linux users want to assist that
would be helpful.

On Feb 16, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I know it is bad form to toot our own horn but I thought I’d let
> everyone know we have a new WeeklySqueak Record for one days traffic.
>

> We had 3535 views today.  That shatters our previous record which
> was around 2K.  Also of note we have had a number of  >1K days.
>

> I guess someone is reading us!
>

> Ron Teitelbaum
>
> Squeak News Team Member
>
> http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com