New WeeklySqueak Record

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Feb 17 03:58:21 UTC 2007

John M McIntosh wrote:
> Ah, a stealth announcement of Sophie shipping.

Congrats! Just grabbed a copy and already the first nit-pick ;-) The
Windows installer has an option saying "add to start menu" but that
works wrongly - when you turn that off it doesn't add a short cut at all
which it should and when you turn it on it only adds it to "all
programs" and not to the start menu as promised.

> Bunch of critical fixing going in tonight, hopefully better experience

Unfortunately, "Load updates" seems to be broken - it complains about
having to close all books first even when I don't open any...

> for people tomorrow, unless the Sophie developers all die from the lack
> of sleep first.

Heh, heh, well get some sleep then. Nice to see Sophie coming along! Now
how do I get this into Croquet I wonder... ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas