New WeeklySqueak Record

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Feb 17 05:00:35 UTC 2007

People should be aware that we've put oh close to 200 man months of
coding work into Sophie.
Thus it's not a trivial application and I'm afraid has a number of
more interesting bugs, unlike the one below.

We still have lots more work ahead, well until the funds run out.

Just needs some squeaker to start making content and distributing
Sophie Books.

On Feb 16, 2007, at 7:58 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

>> Bunch of critical fixing going in tonight, hopefully better
>> experience
>
> Unfortunately, "Load updates" seems to be broken - it complains
> about having to close all books first even when I don't open any...

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=6131

mmm that menu item might go away. We've another lurking check at
startup that makes people go back to the website and
fetch a new version when we flip the version number.

Also Sophie optionally sends me the crash reports via our server,
sigh....
And yes I think Tim fixed the cursor up problem this evening, since
that was found much earlier today.

===