New WeeklySqueak Record

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Sun Feb 18 20:53:38 UTC 2007

My apologies, I thought that I was quite clear that I am certainly
not accusing the Sophie team of slacking off by not including webcam
support.   Tim suggested that it might be more interesting to embed
Croquet within Sophie than vice versa.  I'm in favor of embedding
each in the other, but I'm not quite clear on how the Croquet-in-
Sophie embedding would work, and decided that it might be simpler to
examine the case of webcam-in-Sophie (which shares many of the issues
of Croquet-in-Sophie).

I have not read any documentation that suggests that Sophie documents
are anything other than self-contained.  What is the user model for a
multi-user, interactive Sophie document?  If I created a document
that happened to be popular, would I see my DSL connection die
because hundreds of people simultaneously look at the page of the
document with the webcam link?  For that matter, would I have to
install Sophie server software that would accept webcam connection
requests?

These are the types of questions that I have not seen answers to, and
I was simply asking if they have been addressed (at least in
principal) by the Sophie team.

Still curious,
Josh