Yet Another Candidate Announcement for the Squeak Board: Tansel Ersavas

Tansel tansel at squeakonline.com
Sun Feb 18 21:00:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

I would like to announce my candidature for the board as well.

My name is Tansel Ersavas.I have been Smalltalking for about 15 years and
following Squeak since its announcement. My previous experience with Squeak
include a number of commercial Squeak applications starting 1997, several
presentations, tutorials and a workshop at various international
conferences, and the interactive CD based Squeak News e-zine. Although I had
to be not as involved in Squeak as I wanted in the last few years finally
managed to start using Squeak full time and managed to develop some very
interesting commercial systems as well!

One of my main interests is to make Squeak live up to its goal as the tool
of choice in realizing the Dynabook dream. Another area I am and will be
actively involved in is to make Squeak more suitable for commercial quality
systems development.

If elected I'll:
	- bring 25+years of software development experience that spans a
wide variety from very large banking-insurance systems and telecoms
applications to very specialized one-off prototypes,
	- work towards teaching people how to make Squeak created systems
look more beautiful and appealing to broader community,
	- help make Squeak more suitable towards commercial quality
software,
	- work towards creating paying jobs for Squeakers

Tansel