election details *PLEASE READ*

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 19 18:58:22 UTC 2007

On 19-Feb-07, at 10:32 AM, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Craig suggests that we do not post an article that has candidates
> answer my
> questions because my questions are loaded.

I pretty much agree with Craig here; no bad intent is needed by
anyone in the process and yet it can very easily become a nasty
argument.  It seems to be the nature of email/group communications.
Survey questions (and what Ron was suggesting is essentially a
survey) are very difficult to write in such a way as to *elicit
opinions* rather than *agreement with implied opinion in the question*.

1) Have you stopped beating your spouse yet?
2) Do you agree that we must always fight against stopping <foo>
being prevented, if indeed it not happening caused nothing to not be
undoably redone?
3) Why? Explain in 750 words, double spaced on unlined paper. In
green crayon.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 7) "You question the worthiness of my Code?! I
should kill you where you stand!"