Squeak People Certification

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Feb 20 18:04:55 UTC 2007

Hello Ron and elections team,

sorry this should go to the list.

RT> You are only eligible to vote for the Squeak Foundation Board
RT> 2007 ifyou have a certified squeakPeople account.
as the iirc vast majority of squeak dev subscribers didn't vote last
time you might want to look into more exotic reasons for not voting.

My reason not to vote is that I'm sensitive to labels tacked onto me.
The only SqPeople status I'm comfortable with is Observer. The
possibility of anybody sticking one of the other labels (including
master) at me keeps me from having an account there.

I would not mind a voter certification saying "enough certified
squeakers trust this one enough to let him vote for SQF Board".

Others might have different reasons, including "to complicated
(embarrsing if not) to get certified". Programmers *are* strange at
times. (me being always strange :-)

Just my 2c and I'm happy enough not voting.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net