Whisker Browser

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Feb 20 18:33:35 UTC 2007

Hi Martin, sorry I didn't reply sooner.  I've just put a new "1.2alpha"
version of Whisker on SqueakMap, which fixes the most serious bug you
pointed out -- when opening a collapsed Whisker window in 3.9-final.

There are a few other minor cleanups/fixes, and I also converted the
method category names to be Monticello-compatible: "*whisker" for method
extensions, and "*whisker-override" for the few overrides.  (Is
xxx-override still used for overrides in MC?)  I haven't taken the final
step of saving it on SqueakMap (or SqueakSource) as a Monticello .mcz
just yet, because when I converted it from a .cs.gz to an .mcz, the file
was about twice as large... maybe that's normal, or I may not have
converted it properly.

Anyway, this version should work reasonably in 3.9-final now.  I didn't
tackle a complete fix for the new pane resizers in 3.9 yet, though, I
just added a LayoutFrame for that background rectangle so that no
walkback error occurs.  So there's still the problem with the
lower-right resizing widget, and mainly the fact that you can't resize
the class or method panes as you could in 3.8.  If you or someone wanted
to look into that, that would be great. :)  Feel free to enter a bug in
Mantis to help tracking.  If you want to look into it, I'd suggest
starting at WhiskerWindow>>insertClassPane:atIndex:, where it sends
addMorph:inFrontOf:frame: as an example.  Hmm, maybe just the frame
coordinates need to be adjusted to allow room for the resizing widgets.
Also, maybe that background rectangle is in front of (thus hiding) the
resizing widgets when it should be behind.  And see how a regular system
Browser does it correctly (Browser>>addAListPane:to:...).

- Doug