Squeak People Certification

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Feb 20 23:15:53 UTC 2007

Hi Herbert,

I know I'm late but I had to hack that damed DNN customer site today :(

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:04:55 +0100, you wrote:
> Hello Ron and elections team,
>
> sorry this should go to the list.
>
> RT> You are only eligible to vote for the Squeak Foundation Board
> RT> 2007 ifyou have a certified squeakPeople account.
> as the iirc vast majority of squeak dev subscribers didn't vote last
> time you might want to look into more exotic reasons for not voting.
>
> My reason not to vote is that I'm sensitive to labels tacked onto me.
> The only SqPeople status I'm comfortable with is Observer. The
> possibility of anybody sticking one of the other labels (including
> master) at me keeps me from having an account there.

Let me try to encourage you (and perhaps other reluctant people) to get
you an SqP account. This is the only way to be visible to other Squeakers
when they poke around in the SqP information.

That you or somebody else may indeed get an unwanted label is just the way
how life is organized, sh*t happens. Unfortunately there can be no method
in TestCase for checking the label for consistency, or even ethics, etc.
But there is an facility called email and one can send a note to anyone
else who went too far (in the positive or negative direction).

After all, all the people who already are on SqP have *exactly* the same
problem and you are *not* an exception :)

/Klaus