election details *PLEASE READ*

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Wed Feb 21 07:57:45 UTC 2007

<Andreas>...I think it is important for people representing Squeak to stay
open to improvements *to the language* and not just to claim that
"eventually, every other language will get there so really there will never,
ever be anything to learn here".
</Andreas>

Your comment made me think of the difference in attitude between French
speakers and English Speakers.

The French have L'Academie Francaise--and woe unto those it deems to be
sullying French with foreignisms.

The English have no such thing. English has a huge vocabulary--much of it
stolen shamlessly from other languages.

In my opinion, Smalltalkers act more like French speakers.  And that
definitely gets noticed, let me tell you.

Other programming languages have been stealing from Smalltalk for decades.
It's time we returned the favor.

--Alan