[From the soapbox:] Traits Browser

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:46:34 UTC 2007

2007/2/21, Adrian Lienhard <adi at netstyle.ch>:
> people that are interested in using Traits and need a more
> sophisticated UI than the current OmniBrowser in 3.9 should join
> forces and improve the TraitsOmniBrowser. (This browser btw. has some
> other nice features unrelated to Traits as well.)

I do not agree with you Adrian. I think it would be better to extract
what makes TraitsOmniBrowser a cool browser for traits and implement
those features into OmniBrowser itself. I don't think having one
browser per feature is something we want. I would prefer one browser
for everything (traits, dynamic protocols, code coverage...).
Moreover, I don't see the point of having a browser not trait aware,
this would be stupid in a 3.9 image.

So please do not put more work on the TraitsOmniBrowser anymore.
Instead, enhance OmniBrowser with TraitsOmniBrowser features.

I volunteer to help because I like improving tool and I'm working with traits.

--
Damien Cassou