sweep failed to find exact end of memory

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Feb 22 17:37:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:24:43 -0600, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us>
wrote:

> In a workspace I did
>
> | oc |
> oc := OrderedCollection new.
> 1 to: 20000000 do: [:i | oc add: i].
>
> It never completes. It always crashes with
>
> sweep failed to find exact end of memory
>

> This is on my laptop with 1.25gb of RAM 2gb of swap i386 Ubuntu Linux.

Must be a Linux thing. I can do that on my Windows laptop with no problems.

2 GB of RAM, Win XP Pro.

Squeak jumps from 40 MB used up to around 155 MB used when I open an
inspector on the oc. Takes about 7 seconds if I don't inspect, 17 if I do.

When I close the inspector, after it GC's it goes back down to 40 MB...

Later,
Jon