Looking for old Smalltalks for DOS

Aaron Reichow revaaron at bitquabit.com
Fri Feb 23 01:18:42 UTC 2007

Hi!

This a call for old versions of Smalltalk.  I used to have a couple
of them, and feeling the urge to see if they work in DOSbox on OS X,
I having tried in vain to find them. I did find my copy of Smalltalk/
V 3.0 for DOS and use a computer at my wife's work for this purpose
to copy files off the 5.25" disks, and it works! This is a graphical
version of Smalltalk for DOS that doesn't work well in DOSbox,
perhaps problems with EGA drivers or something.  But I did have
another version of Smalltalk for DOS that worked entirely with text
windows, though I can't remember the precise name/version of the
software- Smalltalk/V 286 perhaps?

Anyway, if you have a copy of this, could you please send it my way?

In addition, I am very interested in any old version of Smalltalk for
various OSes, though only for Mac and PC hardware. I'd love to see a
real version of Smalltalk-80 running on an old Mac, for instance.
Please email me if you can help me out with this!

Regards,
Aaron