election details *PLEASE READ*

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 06:05:50 UTC 2007

J J wrote:
> Namespaces ok, but the way they have been done is not always that
> great.  Modules are pretty much the same thing, and interfaces?  No.
> Traits are much better then interfaces imo.

Modules is one area where IMO Java shines. Not necessarily because of
the language part but because of the whole ClassLoader/JAR/Applet
pipeline (just run Dan's SqueakOnJava in the browser and then think
about what must be true to be able to handle that in a reasonably secure
fashion). It's the best deployment solution I am aware of. In the
namespace area I think Python wins hands-down, because they manage to
tie namespaces (and modules) into the object model so nicely. Traits
better than Interfaces? Well that remains to be seen.

Cheers,
   - Andreas